BAY SHORE

Bay Shore Fire Dept. responds to faulty sprinkler system in downtown

Posted

Puddles formed on the E. Main Street sidewalk in downtown Bay Shore after a sprinkler system burst inside JBBQ & Shabu Shabu on Sunday.

The Bay Shore Fire Department responded to an automatic fire alarm system around 3 p.m. on June 6 at 11 E. Main Street, second assistant chief Thomas Komoroski said. 

Upon further inspection, the fire department discovered that a sprinkler system inside the establishment went off and began pumping out water. The sprinkler had triggered the alarm, officials said.

Fire officials were able to shut off the water and disable the alarm, which had sounded for all of the businesses and units located on that building strip.

The situation was then turned over to the fire marshall, Komoroski said, who distributed a repair order for the faulty sprinkler pipe. The fire marshall also procedurally submitted a report to the Department of Health on the incident.

No one was injured as a result of the isolated incident. Suffolk County Police did not provide information on the incident.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment