Town Board notes
ISLIP TOWN—A full agenda of items were addressed at the most recent Islip Town Board meeting, which was held at Town Hall on Tuesday. Here are some of the items that were covered.
* The Islip Town Board accepted money from the Suffolk County Water Authority for paving restoration after SCWA dug up portions of three connecting roads north of Montauk Highway in West Islip. Those streets include: Evelyn Road, Church Lane and Sylvan Court.
* In addition to this transfer of funds, the board on May 14 voted for several authorizations to execute/enter into agreements, an application for a grant, and the acceptance of a significant donation to the Town of Islip.
* In order to enhance the Harbor Patrol Division’s response to the needs of the community, the board voted to apply for a grant from the NYS Department of Criminal Justice to pay for additional equipment.
* Northwell Health will soon begin providing sunscreen dispensers at the town’s public parks and beaches. There will be 25 in total, and Northwell Health will pay for refills as well.
* All County Amusements will be holding a four-day carnival next month in Central Islip after entering into an agreement with the town supervisor. The carnival, which will take place June 13-16, will be held on the driving range at Gull Haven Golf Course.
* License agreements for eight Islip-owned bay-bottom parcels will continue to serve as shellfish cultivation areas in the Great South Bay. The agreements were extended by five years.
* The town entered into agreement for an oyster gardening program for the 2019 season with Sixto Portilla.
* Dang Bulls I BBQ will have concession stands at Roberto Clemente Park and pool and at Byron Lake Park and pool. Separate concession license agreements were necessary.
* Race is Awesome will make use of the town’s lifeguard personnel at the “Tri by the Bay” event at the East Islip Marina on Aug. 18. A separate agreement with Race is Awesome will also allow for the town to provide services in relation to conducting the Northwell Health Great South Bay Run on Sept. 28.
* An existing agreement with ComNet Software required an amendment to allow for installation and integration of a paging system at Long Island MacArthur Airport.
* A contract with Safety Marketing Inc. has been extended for one year to repaint and to continue to provide runway rubber and paint removal an re-stripping at MacArthur Airport.
The Islip Town Board will hold its next council meeting on June 18 at 2 p.m.
Like what you have read? Click here to subscribe to the The Islip Bulletin so you can read more stories like this, and find out everything that’s going on in your town!